Saturday, June 27, 2009

AK is my new home


So I made it to Sitka. The trip was very long to get here. First I had to drive more than 900 miles, which took about 16 hrs. Was going to sleep in my car but after 16hrs that was the last place I wanted to be. Spent 113 Canadian dollars to be able to sleep in a bed and take a shower. Next morning I got some food then headed to the ferry.


Got on the ferry and made sure to have plenty of entertainment. They played a movie and the cafeteria was as expensive as getting food on the moon. Set up camp on a lawn chair on the top deck. It was actually pretty warm and comfy for the circumstances. So a day and 6hrs (just on the ferry alone) later I finally make it to Sitka. Of course it was raining... Dad was awake and just talked to him for a bit before crashing.

Right now I've been visiting with the grandparents and Eli. It'll probably be the last week for a very long time that I won't be doing something. I have an interview with SEARHC on monday for the counselor job. I hope I get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment