Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Men Watch the New Moon


I finished New Moon last night, finally! It took me soooo long, compared to Twilight. It was definitely slower and seemed to take a while to get to the good stuff. It was almost a waste of a book, but I guess you got to introduce werewolves some how. I also liked how she described the pain of the one you love leaving you. Intense. But it was such a relief to finally be able to move on.

Now I'm reading Watchmen. After seeing the movie I wanted to get the full experience and get more background info. So far the movie has been pretty accurate with details and scenery. Alan Moore, the writer, is so cryptic with his writing that you have to reread things a couple times. That's why the movie seemed so dense, kind of like the Matrix. But I'm excited that I'll have read a popular comic book by the time I go to the Seattle ComiCon.


Yesterday, I made some dip-dye jeans with grey dye. I used too much dye and soaked the bottoms too long, I think. So they fade from white on top to grey in the middle and almost black on bottom. For $15 total they still look pretty BA. The Akdmk dip-dye jeans cost $65, so my DIY project was definitely worth it. I'm thinking I could also dye some cheap white jeans whatever color I want instead of spending $50 on some colored jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment